Genesis Student Bursary
Enhancing industry and career insights for students
Apply for our Student Bursary
A clear theme that emerges during the panel sessions at the One Nucleus Building Life Science Adventures conferences is the value and need of enhancing the student-to-industry interface, where possible.
Those seeking to build careers in the sector can gain insight, connections and passion about the opportunities the sector offers. Further, this would be particularly beneficial if it could be accessible and avoid unnecessary barriers to entry, such as high costs, travel and perhaps even nervousness around networking.
To address this challenge, we run the Genesis Student Bursary enabling registered company delegates attending the conference to nominate a student to receive a free digital delegate pass to attend the event.
- There are no costs to the industry delegate to act as an Industry Buddy for a student.
- There are no costs to the Student to participate.
- The Industry Buddy can demonstrate their own and their employer’s commitment to the industry’s future by helping to attract and nurture the workforce it will require.
- The Student can take the opportunity to learn about the industry trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Through the conference app, Students will be able connect with other delegates to gain insight about jobs and roles they may like to explore.
- Through the conference app all attendees will be able to contact students they feel they would like to meet.
- With access to the conference app, Students will have access to all the presentation recordings for four weeks after the conference.
Application Process once paired:
- Applicants should email the details of the student (name/institution/course/email address) and details of the industry buddy (name/company/email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the Industry Buddy is already registered, the bursary will be approved and the student registered free of charge.
Not paired yet?
- If the Industry Buddy is not yet registered, we will be more than happy to assist them in registering, subsequently approving the bursary.
- If you would like to be an Industry Buddy/Student participant in the above scheme, but do not have a connection yet, we will be happy to assist in trying to suggest suitable matches.
As with all bursaries, there is a finite capacity. We are content to maximise that capacity rather than place a timing deadline right now. Bursaries will be approved on a first come, first served basis up to that capacity.